Sunday, August 3, 2008

Loss of a friend!

Tomorrow (Monday) we will be heading to my hometown for the funeral of my friends mom. It will be a sad visit, one I wish I didn't have to make.

They are a family that laughed together, had fun together and cried together. She will surely be missed by all that knew her. Karen was loving, kind and such a giver. She never missed an opportunity to be at a wedding, shower, or birthday party. She had a smile that would brighten up a room. I always loved to sit and chat with her. She spent a year over in Iraq, by choice, to help soldiers. She always had her "lips" on, never a day without that red or pink lipstick on. I will forever miss that contagious smile!

Thanks Karen for always making me smile or laugh when I was in your presence! You've made me realize that life is too short and to make the best of what I have!

Mindy and her Mom, Karen

Her favorite saying:
DANCE LIKE NO ONE IS WATCHING
SING LIKE NO ONE IS LISTENING
LOVE LIKE YOU HAVE NEVER BEEN HURT BEFORE
LIVE LIKE EACH DAY IS YOUR LAST

0 comments: